Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bat revenge


I looked up some bat wing reference and it helped me figure enough out to draw that little 3D fellow without further aid. Their anatomy is very similar to humans, and the wing is basically their hand. One site said that flying for them is like swimming through air, which is a neat way of putting it. Makes it possible to imagine all kinds of dynamic poses based on experience with your own hands. Fun stuff.
I also tried a new female side shot from reference to see if I could spot some immediate differences compared to what I did on my own yesterday. Measured proportions are pretty much equal, but the end result is very different indeed. Mainly it's the size and shape of individual components more than their relative placement, I think... I should definitely do a round of reference-free-reference-free back and forth of the same angle to figure out what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment